free counters

Friday, April 1, 2011

Narcolepsy Video


 It is a cold morning,
six in the morning and you have to go to school, and  all you want to do is to sleep. However, we
have to be careful with what we wish for, because everything in excess is
bad.  The video we watched today has made
me reflex about how people with sleeping disorders live through real difficult
situations. Now, I am much more thankful for my healthiness, the people diagnosed
with narcolepsy truly suffer in life. If I had to be in the shoes of a narcoleptic
person, I would be extremely depressed. Having an estimated amount of sixty
attacks per day is repugnant.  To be
honest, I would rather have a killing disease such as aids or cancer, rather
than narcolepsy, because even though I would live less time, I would live
better and with a more qualitative life experience. I really feel bad for
narcoleptic patients, they are going through so much, very few people would
voluntarily help in attending them. I consider that, scientists should really
make a serious effort to prevent this from happening in people, perhaps
discovering or creating a cure for this horrific disorder. We have to be
optimistic, and even though it’s hard, we should look forward for a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment